When We Are Closed

Telephone: 111

If you need to speak to a doctor urgently outside opening hours, telephone the out of hour’s service on 111. Depending on the nature of the problem, the NHS111 Service will either give advice, arrange for you to come to an "out of hours" centre, or arrange a home visit.


  • Remember this should be reserved for genuine emergencies only and that most of the doctors are local GPs who have to work the following day.
  • Note that the "out of hours centre" is not a drop in casualty service.

Accident and Emergencies

There are casualty facilities at the following hospitals:

  • Queen Alexandra Hospital, Cosham
  • St. Richard's Hospital, Chichester

For minor injuries facilities are available at St Mary's Treatment Centre Portsmouth and Petersfield Hospital.

Injuries sustained longer than 48 hours ago should be seen by your doctor first.

In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.  

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website